Mediterranean Diet – Grilled Chicken Drumstick With Spicy Garlic Harissa Recipe
15 – garlic cloves (roughly chopped)
6 tbsp – Harissa paste
1 tsp – ground nutmeg
1½ tsp – sumac
1 tsp – dried thyme
2 – lemons (juice)
4 tbsp – olive oil
20 – large chicken drumsticks
1 – large red onion, sliced
Salt and pepper
1. Blend the chopped garlic, harissa paste, nutmeg, sumac, thyme, lemon juice and olive oil in a food processor to make the marinade.
2. Pat the chicken drumsticks dry and season lightly with salt and pepper.
3. Rub marinade to the chicken drumsticks and underneath the skin.
4. Keep the remaining marinade.
5. Place the chicken drumsticks with the sliced onions in a bag.
6. Pour the extra marinade on the chicken and seal.
7. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
8. Do not add the olive oil for overnight marination.
9. Grill the drumsticks on medium heat, covered, for 35-40 minutes.
10. In between turn the drumsticks for even grilling.
11. Serve with salad, rice or any sides you prefer